Reading time: 4 – 6 minutes
We’re on a Freedom Journey (Grains, Nuts, and Seeds) that will declutter and organize your kitchen in 21 days, using about 10 minutes per day. Three weeks will come and go. If you are able to join us on this Freedom Journey, after 21 days, you will be celebrating in your newly organized kitchen. You can do this.
(If this is your Day #11 with us, you’ll notice a pattern. J )
Remember, first we declutter. Then we organize.
- Gather all the grains, nuts, and seeds in your kitchen and pantry (breads, pastas, rice, nuts, seeds, etc.).
- Sort “like items with like items” – make little piles on the countertop or table – by type.
- Purge through your piles. Designate new areas on the countertop or table as Donate or Trash piles. You can mark the designated areas with post-it notes or a slip of paper with each title on it. Scan the “like with like” piles. Check expiration dates. Remove anything you think is unusable, and place it in the Trash pile. Remove any items you no longer use, and place them in the Donate pile. If in the Sell pile, think hard about Return on Investment for your time. Consider sending it straight to the Donate pile. Someone else really needs it.
- Make a Purge Storage Area. This could be individual paper bags, plastic bags (different than your regular trash bags), boxes, containers, or a section in your laundry room or garage. Label your containers to avoid confusion. Place your Donate, Sell, Trash, and Recycle piles into the appropriate container. Place that container in its designated space until you get ready to dispose of these items.
- Take a look at the remaining grains, nuts, and seeds .
- Where do you want their home in your home to be? Pantry? Cabinet? Drawer Shelving? Will they fit in this area? If not, you may have to go back to the purging step (Donate or Sell).
- Would you like to buy organizing products to divide/contain them? Bins? Baskets? Stacking Shelves? Plastic? Stainless? Wood? Color? Style? Size? (Note: you may find it helpful to wait to purchase any organizing products until after you’ve completed decluttering and organizing. For now, just make notes about what you might like and the size it needs to be.)
- Locate your selection in which to house them.
- Place your items into your selection. Place the selection into its home.
- Enjoy being able to find your grains, nuts, and seeds whenever you need them.
- Remember to return your grains, nuts, and seeds here after each use.
Congratulations! You did it! We’ll continue your Freedom Journey tomorrow. There are only 10 days left to your newly organized kitchen.
“…I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.” Exodus 6:6 (New International Version)
Hello, my name is Tina Bonifacio, and I am a Professional Organizer working with residential and commercial clients in the greater Savannah, Georgia area. For more information, visit http://www.OrganizedByTina.com. Thanks for stopping by. You are welcome back anytime.